DIY Hair Masks For Healthy, Soft, Silky, & Smooth Hair That You Can Do at Home
Hair care is a crucial aspect of your beauty routine because caring for your hair is just as vital as caring for your skin. When feasible, it’s also crucial to utilize organic, chemical-free products. However, especially when it comes to natural treatments, high-quality hair care products can leave a serious dent in your wallet.
But don’t worry, there are tons of fantastic hair masks you can make at home. And they only take a few inexpensive ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
Here are 5 DIY hair masks for healthy, soft, silky, & smooth hair that you can do at home:
1. Oatmeal Nourishing Hair Mask
Oats are a terrific addition to your hair care routine as well as your breakfast! Oats have plenty of nourishing vitamins and protein that lend themselves to revitalizing your hair, and making it feel soft and silky. It contains protein, which helps to repair damaged hair and keeps it hydrated (bye, bye, frizzy hair).
- 1/4 cup oats powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or almond oil
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- Combine all the ingredients and mix until everything is smooth.
- Wet your hair (and squeeze out any extra water) before slathering it in the mask. Allow to sit for 25-30 minutes before rinsing with cold water and a mild conditioner. For optimum results, repeat 2-3 times each week.
2. Avocado Mask
Avocados have been incredibly popular in recent years, but you don’t have to limit yourself to toasting them. Avocados are high in nutrients and can be used to treat your hair. Our mane tends to dry out and get dull and frizzy during the hot summer months, so they’re extremely useful. This avocado mask will give your hair the nourishment it requires!
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon almond oil or olive oil
- Scoop the flesh of one avocado and mash it up until it is smooth.
- Add the milk and oil and combine well.
- Apply on hair, leave on for about 20 minutes. Shower as usual with shampoo.
3. Banana, Egg & Honey Mask
Although banana and honey are amazing ingredients that add a lot of advantages to many homemade hair treatments, eggs are the main attraction here. Putting egg in your hair may sound disgusting, but the results are well worth it! It will aid in the softening, shinier, and thickening of your hair.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mash the banana, add the other ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Massage the mask into your hair and scalp for at least 5 minutes. After about an hour, remove the mask and shower with shampoo and conditioner. For optimal results, use once a week.
4. Lemon & Honey Mask
Lemon is a fantastic natural ingredient for making your hair look and feel amazing by eliminating impurities and adding shine. It also aids in the elimination of dandruff, itchy scalp, and dry hair.
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoon water (if needed)
- 2-3 drops of rosemary (or other) essential oil
- Combine the lemon juice and honey until well combined.
- Add the olive oil and do the same.
- Add water (if using), and combine.
- Finally, add in your essential oil and mix well.
- Apply mask all over the hair, including the scalp, making sure to massage it in well. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, rinse out with warm water, and shampoo as usual.
5. Herbal Hair Mask
You might not be familiar with the components in this hair mask, but there’s nothing a quick internet search won’t reveal. But trust us when we say that the extra work is worth it because the all-natural ayurvedic ingredients nurture your hair from root to tip. It prevents hair loss and premature graying, as well as providing general softness and shine!
- 2 tablespoons bhringraj powder
- 2 tablespoons fenugreek powder
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 small cup lukewarm water
- Soak bhringraj and fenugreek powder in lukewarm water for approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and combine well.
- Apply all over hair and scalp and leave on for 20 minutes. Shower as usual, but make sure to use a herbal shampoo for ideal results.